The Coronavirus, The CARES Act, and You
On March 30, 2020, the United States Congress passed "The Federal Coronavirus Economic Relief Plan," more commonly known as the CARES Act. The act contains numerous provisions to help individuals and families survive the economic crisis brought on by the Covid-19 pandemic.
On April 6, Sam Boyd, CFP led a webinar discussion of the specific ways the CARES Act can help you get back (or stay) on your feet. You can watch a recording of the webinar and view Sam's slides by clicking the buttons below.
Coronavirus Relief Topics Covered
Below is a list of items Sam discussed in his webinar.
- The government's monetary and fiscal response to the Coronavirus crisis
- Recovery Rebates
- Coronavirus-Related Distributions from Retirement Accounts
- Enhancements to Loans From Employer Retirement Plans
- RMD Waivers
- New and Expanded Charitable Deductions
- Expanded Unemployment Insurance
- Relief for Student Borrowers
- Mortgage Forbearance
- Moratorium on Evictions
- Investing During a Bear Market
YOU DON'T HAVE TO FACE THIS UNCERTAINTY ALONE!
There's a lot of detailed information here, but we know it can be confusing. We're here to talk to you further if you need it. As always, you can schedule an appointment or a phone call with one of our team members by clicking here or clicking the button below!