Understanding The CARES Act
On March 30, 2020, the United States Congress passed "The Federal Coronavirus Economic Relief Plan," more commonly known as the CARES Act. The act contains numerous provisions to help individuals and small businesses survive the economic crisis brought on by the Covid-19 pandemic.
On April 6, Sam Boyd, CFP led a webinar discussion of the specific ways the CARES Act can help small businesses. You can watch a recording of the webinar and view Sam's slides by clicking the buttons below.
CARES Act Topics Covered
Below is a list of items Sam discussed in his webinar.
- The government's monetary and fiscal response to the Coronavirus crisis
- The Payroll Protection Program: (Please note that the original funding for PPP ran out in two weeks. Congress passed a second round of funding for PPP on Thursday, April 23.)
- Economic Injury Disaster Loans
- PPP and EIDL Planning Strategies
- Employee Retention Credits
- Delay of Payment of Employer Payroll Taxes
- Net Operating Loss Rules
- Extension of Tax Filing Deadlines
- Coronavirus-Related Distributions from Retirement Accounts
- Enhancements to Loans From Employer Retirement Plans
- RMD Waivers
- Relief for Student Borrowers
YOU DON'T HAVE TO FACE THIS UNCERTAINTY ALONE!
There's a lot of detailed information here, but we know it can be confusing. We're here to talk to you further if you need it. As always, you can schedule an appointment or a phone call with one of our team members by clicking here or clicking the button below!